Why Choose HDPE(PE) Pipes?
Since high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe started in use in potable water applications in the 1970s, this safety pipe has become the ideal material for piping systems used to transport drinking water. As a tough and resilient material capable of lasting 50-100 years or more with minimal maintenance, HDPE pipe has proven to be superior to many other piping materials as a means of transporting and distributing potable water.
HDPE pipe’s long service life and low maintenance costs, coupled with its ability to be installed with a variety of trenchless technologies leads to HDPE pipe having the lowest life cycle costs of any potable water piping system. And this made it the fastest growing material used for transporting drinking water and water supply projects.
Widely Applications of HDPE Pipes
- Urban tap water pipe network system
- Urban and rural drinking water pipelines
- Material and liquid transportation pipelines in chemical, chemical fiber, food, forestry, printing and dyeing, pharmaceutical, light industry, papermaking, metallurgical and other industries.
- Agricultural irrigation pipelines
- Protection sleeves for post and telecommunications lines and power wires.
- Mine mortar conveying pipeline
Performance & Advantages for HDPE Pipes
HDPE pipes are increasingly popular worldwide for water supply and drainage because of its advantages:
- Corrosion resistance: HDPE pipelines are resistant to corrosion by a variety of chemical media, and chemicals present in the soil do not cause any degradation to the pipeline.
- No leakage: The polyethylene pipe system is connected by electrofusion and butt fusion methods, and the strength of the joint is higher than the strength of the pipes.
- High toughness: The elongation at break of HDPE pipes is generally above 500%. For the uneven settlement of the foundation engineering construction, its adaptability is very strong and the seismic performance is good.
- Excellent resistance to stress cracking: HDPE has low notch sensitivity, high shear strength and excellent scratch resistance, and environmental stress crack resistance is also outstanding.
- Excellent flexibility: Excellent flexibility and scratch resistance.
- Rapid Crack Propagation: Rapid Crack Propagation (RCP) for polyethylene plastic piping systems.
- Low temperature impact resistance: Low temperature impact resistance: Polyethylene has a very low temperature embrittlement temperature and can be safely used in the temperature range of
-60 - 60°C. In winter construction, due to the good impact resistance of the material, the tube will not be brittle.
- Good wear resistance: Good wear resistance, low wall friction coefficient, low flow resistance and strong conveying capacity.
- A variety of new construction methods: HDPE pipelines have a variety of construction techniques, in addition to the traditional excavation methods, a variety of new non-excavation techniques such as pipe jacking, directional drilling, liners Construction in the form of split pipes, etc. which is a good choice for some places that are not allowed to be excavated.
- Low system cost: Low system cost and low maintenance cost can greatly reduce project costs.
- Long service life: The buried HDPE pipe is normally used for 70 years. Recyclable, environmentally friendly. also HDPE materials can be reused, fully in line with the nationally advocated efficient environmental protection concept.
- Convenient handling: HDPE pipes are lighter than concrete pipes, galvanized pipes and steel pipes. They are easy to handle and install. The lower manpower and equipment requirements mean that the installation cost of the project is greatly reduced.
HDPE Water Supply Pipe Specifications
|Nomina Outer Diameter (mm)|