HDPE is a polyethylene thermoplastic pipe made from material called petroleum. It is made of high-density polyethylene. The Strong molecular bond and impermeability make HDPE Pipe best for high-pressure pipelines. And conduits made from polyethylene material offers greater strength and come with the high-density ratio which makes such pipes an effective and performance oriented option in various applications.
HDPE is a flexible plastic pipe used in pipelines for gas or fluid transfer. It is also used for replacing steel mains or ageing concrete. Also it is commonly used in the production of plastic bottles, plastic lumber and various other items like corrosion-water pipes along with geomembrane.
HDPE pipes made from polyethylene offer a cost-effective solution to a significant number of piping requirements in different places like agriculture, municipal, industrial, marine as well as landfilling. Being one of the most viable options when it comes to choosing a perfect type of piping, you should always opt for best HDPE pipes manufacturers in China to get best performance and satisfaction.
HDPE pipes' durability is around 600m long and is used for many Ocean Cleanup projects. These are used also in mining places in some countries. Its durability and efficiency in transferring fluid/ gas have made it quite popular.
Double Wall Corrugated HDPE Pipes are lightweight and are available in various colours, sizes, lengths and dimensions. The underground telecommunication or electronic pipes in HDPE pipes stays protected even in rough weather, vegetation, wildlife when compared to the aerial wires.
In general, HDPE pipes are effective for the surface, underground, floating as well as marine applications and carry potable water, hazardous waste, slurries and wastewater in most suitable and free flowing manner. They are strong through high temperatures. HDPE is proven to be more durable than other pipes.
Where HDPE Pipes are used in?
1. Water Supply
- Potable water supply
- Water mains
- Service Pipes
When it comes to supplying water for domestic use, it becomes necessary to opt for pipes that are corrosion resistant and offer leakage free supply. It is for this purpose; HDPE pipes prove tailor-made and help in supply of water in most effective and healthy manner. Due to their longer shelf life and chemical resistance feature, such conduits offer safe transportation of drinking water from one place to another and offer the highest satisfaction.
Here are some different applications for which HDPE conduits are preferred in water supply.
- Potable water
- Distribution of water in a building or in a housing society
- Polyethylene is used regularly in water mains
- Service pipes is another area where such pipes are used for optimum performance.
2. Irrigation and agriculture
- Flood Irrigation (Suction and Delivery pipes)
- Sprinkler Irrigation (Lawns, Golf course, Gardens)
- Drip irrigation(Plantations Nurseries)
HDPE conduits are 6 to 8 times lighter than CI and GI pipes and are used extensively in agriculture and irrigation. Such pipes are capable of transporting running and potable water in a free flow manner and provide a ready supply of water in distant areas in an agricultural field without suffering leakages or hindrance in supply. The excellent flow of water with the conduits makes irrigation quite a quick task and farmers are able to save handy time as well as resources.
Here are some areas where HDPE pipes provide the highest value when it comes to their utilisation in agriculture.
- Polyethylene is used extensively in flood irrigation for creating suction as well as in delivery pipes with pump sets.
- Sprinkler irrigation also utilises HDPE conduits in crop fields, gardens, lawns as well as golf courses.
- High-Density Polyethylene pipes are come handy in various applications and drip irrigation is one field where they come useful in a variety of ways. Plantations, nurseries and orchids are some areas where such pipes are used extensively for supplying water flawlessly in an effective manner.
- Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
Polyethylene pipes and fittings are known for their toughness and provide resistance to damage caused by external loads or any type of extensive uses. All these features with the HDPE pipes make it a perfect alternative when it comes to ducting or air management. Since such conduits come with leak free quality and are light in weight, they offer far greater suitability when it comes to carrying or transporting air from one place to another in respect to electrical equipment. Given below are different applications where HDPE pipes provide the best value.
- In telecommunication as conduits for optical fibre
- In air conditioning and refrigeration industry
- Extraction of fumes is another area where such pipes offer value and usefulness
4. Sewage and industrial effluent disposal
- Fertiliser industry
- sanitary system
- Petrochemical industry
Since polyethylene thermoplastic pipes are light in weight and offer greater flexibility, they offer easy installation facility and are one of the best options when it comes to sewage and industrial effluent disposal. HDPE pipes are known to have excellent flow characteristics which help in disposal of waste and sewage in free flow manner without creating any sort of blockage or accumulation of waste.
Given below are different areas where such pipes provide value in sewage treatment.
- HDPE pipes are used extensively in the domestic sewage system and provide easy and free flow treatment of sewage waste.
- Petrochemical industries are another field where such pipes are used quite extensively in sewage or chemical treatment into a dump.
- Fertiliser manufacturing industry also takes help of HDPE conduits for treating chemicals, waste items as well as other hazardous waste in most effective and suitable manner.
- Polyethylene pipes come handy in the sanitary industry and make possible treatment of waste and hazardous waste without leaking in underground.
5. Electrical installations
- Cable conduits
- Drainage pipes
- Main and surface water
- Sub-soil water
- Wastewater main
The usage of HDPE pipes is not limited to only the above applications but the applications are diverse. All in all HDPE pipes are a cost-effective solution. Avail of the advantages of HDPE pipes as it has numerous uses.