Polyethylene PE pipe is a kind of component that we have heard of in home decoration. It is a kind of water supply pipe with polyethylene resin as the main raw material. However many people still don't know how to construct this kind of pipeline. Today I will introduce how to construct and install it.
Introduction of PE Pipe Construction Process
Polyethylene (PE) pipe is a kind of water supply pipe made of polyethylene resin by extrusion. It is mainly used in indoor and outdoor low temperature water supply pipeline. Pipe fittings are divided into three types according to the connection mode: fusion connection pipe fittings, mechanical connection pipe fittings and flange connection pipe fittings. Welding connection pipe fittings are divided into three categories: electric melting pipe fittings, socket pipe fittings and hot melting socket pipe fittings.
Preparation Before Construction
- The construction unit shall have the corresponding qualification, and the construction personnel shall have the professional installation technical qualification.
- The construction drawings and other relevant technical documents are complete and approved by the joint review; And a design unit has carried out technical disclosure.
- The materials at the construction site meet the design requirements, and the construction equipment and site environment can ensure the normal construction.
Transportation and Storage
- The PE pipe is easy to be scratched by sharp objects, and the surface scratch is an important cause of stress cracking in operation.
- Long time and intense sunlight will accelerate the aging of pipes and shorten their service life.
- Oil, acid, alkali, salt, especially active agent organic compounds attached to the pipe will make it resistant to environmental stress under certain conditions. The cracking property is reduced.
Key points of PE pipe hot melt welding(injection type socket connection, electric fusion type socket connection, hot-melt saddle welding connection) and butt welding (injection type, butt welding) technology
- Pipe breaking shall be carried out according to the measured pipe length. Special pipe shear and cutter should be used as cutting tool, DN ≥ 40mm It is better to use mechanical breaking method to cut the pipe material Material. After cutting, the pipe section shall be smooth and smooth without burr, and the section shall be perpendicular to the pipe axis.
- On the hot-melt butt joint tool, the two corresponding pieces to be connected should be straightened so that they are on the same axis, and the misalignment should not be greater than 10% of the wall thickness.
General Provisions for Piping Installation
- Polyethylene (PE) pipe is connected with steel pipe, but flange connection shall meet the following requirements:
- A steel flange shall be welded at the end of the steel pipe to be connected according to the requirements of metal pipe flange connection.
- Another steel flange (back pressure looper method) shall be inserted into the end of PE connector (heel pipe end) to be connected.
- The installation of buried PE water supply pipe shall meet the following requirements:
- When laying single pipe, the bottom width of pipe groove is DN + 0.3m (DN) It is the outer diameter of polyethylene pipe. Double pipe laying: DN1 + DN2 + S + 0.3m, (s = design clear distance between two pipes); The value of S is 0.2m.
- When PE pipes are connected underground, the width of pipe groove bottom should not be less than 700mm. The depth of pipe top covering soil: when it is buried under the roadway, it shall not be less than 0.8m; When it is buried under non roadway, it shall not be less than 0.6m; When it is buried under cultivated land and paddy field, it shall not be less than 0.8m. (The antifreeze layer is poor in different places. It should be adjusted according to the actual situation.)