PE Irrigation Pipe Discussion: What Kind of Pipe is Durable for Farmland Irrigation? What's the Industry Standard, general requirements and connection for Polyethylene Water Supply Pipes for Farmland Irrigation? How to Irrigate Farmland Scientifically with Irrigation Pipes? Follow me to get the answer.
What Kind of Pipe is Durable for Farmland Irrigation?
What kind of pipe is more suitable for farmland irrigation? Choose HDPE pipes! HDPE has the following advantages when used for farmland irrigation:
- Excellent corrosion resistance: Except for a few strong oxidants, it can withstand the erosion of a variety of chemical media; there is no electrochemical corrosion.
- Long service life: PE pipes can be used safely for more than 50 years under rated temperature and pressure conditions.
- Good impact resistance: PE pipe has good toughness and high impact resistance, and the heavy objects directly press through the pipe, which will not cause the pipe to break violently.
- Reliable connection performance: The strength of the PE pipe hot-melt or electric-melt interface is higher than that of the pipe body, and the joint will not be disconnected due to soil movement or live load.
- Good construction performance: the pipeline is light in weight, the welding process is simple, the construction is convenient, and the overall project cost is low.
The Industry Standard of PE Farmland Irrigation Pipes
The material of PE irrigation pipe for farmland is polyethylene, which is the most used variety among plastic materials. It is a polymer material synthesized from polyethylene. The appearance of the original HDPE is milky white, and the thin section is translucent to a certain extent. PE farmland irrigation pipes must bear a certain pressure, usually PE resin with high molecular weight and good mechanical properties should be used. This material is basically divided into two categories: low-density polyethylene LDPE (lower strength); high-density polyethylene HDPE. PE materials are divided into five grades according to internationally unified standards: PE32, PE40, PE63, PE80 and PE100.
The PE pipe used for farmland irrigation is high-density polyethylene HDPE, and its grades are PE80 and PE100 (according to the abbreviation MRS of Minimum Required Strength). The MRS of PE80 reaches 8MPa; the MRS of PE100 reaches 10MPa. MRS refers to the ring tensile stress strength of the pipe (calculated according to the international standard test).
PE80 (8.00 ～ 9.99Mpa) is a masterbatch with 80% antimony trioxide content on polyethylene substrate, which can be mainly used in casting and film making at the same time. It is a granular, free-flowing, dust-free masterbatch, which is safer than traditional powders in the production process, and is easy to control the dosage. It is also considered a general-purpose masterbatch, with granular free-flowing.
PE100 (10.00 ～ 11.19Mpa) is the grading number obtained after rounding the minimum required strength (MRS) of polyethylene raw materials. According to GB/T18252, determine the hydrostatic strength of the material corresponding to 20℃, 50 years, and predicted probability of 97.5%. .
The production of PE farmland irrigation pipes must be carried out in accordance with this standard.
General Requirements for Polyethylene Water Supply Pipes for Farmland Irrigation
- Polyethylene PE pipes and fittings should have the product quality inspection report of the quality inspection department and the certificate of conformity of the manufacturer.
- When storing, handling and transporting polyethylene PE pipes, they should be bundled with non-metallic ropes, and the ends of the pipes should be blocked.
- When storing, handling and transporting polyethylene PE pipes and pipe fittings, they shall not be thrown or cracked.
- When storing, handling and transporting polyethylene PE pipes and fittings, they shall not be exposed to the sun or rain; they shall not be in contact with other chemical substances such as oils, acids and salt.
- The storage period of polyethylene PE pipes and fittings from production to use should not exceed one year.
Connection of Polyethylene Water Supply Pipeline for Farmland Irrigation
- Electrothermal Welding: use a special electric welding machine to connect the straight pipe to the straight pipe, and the straight pipe to the pipe fittings. Generally used for tubes below 160mm.
- Hot melt butt Connection: use dedicated butt welder pipes to connect, generally used for pipes above 160mm.
- Steel-plastic Connection: It can be connected by flanges, threaded threads and other methods.
How to Irrigate Farmland Scientifically with Irrigation Pipes?
Many farms use irrigation pipes to irrigate crops, but irrigation is also technical. How to Irrigate Farmland Scientifically with Irrigation Pipes? Here we introduce 3 steps.
- PVC irrigation pipes can well follow the growth process of crops to achieve modern irrigation. The amount of water used for irrigation can be selected based on the specific moisture of crops and soil.
- The most indispensable thing about PVC irrigation pipes is that they can achieve accurate irrigation techniques for direct water supply and fertilizer to the roots of crops based on the characteristics of the current weather. This can reduce the trouble of manual work. 3.PVC irrigation pipes can deliver a more reasonable amount of irrigation water according to the growth needs of crops, which can ensure a more timely and appropriate amount of irrigated crops and lay a solid foundation for increasing crop yields. Wish it can be helpful when you irrigate the crops with irrigation pipes.