MPP power pipe uses modified polypropylene as the main raw material. It is a construction project for laying pipelines and cables in special sections such as roads, railways, buildings and river bed without a lot of dredging, soil excavation and pavement damage. Compared with the traditional "trenching and burying pipe method", trenchless power pipe engineering is more suitable for the current environmental protection requirements. It can remove the dust, traffic congestion and other disturbing factors caused by the traditional construction. This technology can also lay pipelines in some areas that can not be excavated, such as historic sites, downtown areas, crop and farmland protection areas, expressways, rivers and so on.
Below are some some questions and answers about MPP power pipe by Madison Pipe
1. What are the characteristics of MPP power pipe?
It has excellent electrical insulation, high thermal deformation temperature and low temperature impact performance. The performance of its tensile strength and compressive strength is higher than HDPE.
2. What are the wide applications of MPP power pipe?
Municipal, telecommunication, power and other pipeline projects; Urban and rural trenchless horizontal directional drilling power pipe laying project, and lighting excavation power pipe laying project; Urban and rural trenchless horizontal directional drilling sewage pipe project, industrial wastewater discharge project.
3. What are the advantages of MPP power tube?
- PP power pipe has excellent electrical insulation.
- MPP power tube has high thermal deformation temperature and low temperature impact performance.
- The tensile and compressive properties of MPP power pipe are higher than HDPE.
- MPP power pipe is light, smooth, small friction force, it can be butt welded by heat capacity welding.
- The long-term service temperature of MPP power tube is - 5-70 ℃.
4. What are the types of MPP power pipes?
MPP power pipe is divided into common type and reinforced type. Reinforced type is divided into excavation pipe and trenchless pipe. The MPP trenchless pipe is also called MPP pipe jacking, MPP pipe pulling.
5. What is MPP power tube also called?
MPP power cable protection pipe is also called MPP power pipe, MPP cable pipe, MPP communication pipe and MPP cable threading pipe.
6. What is the raw material of MPP power tube?
PP powder (modified polypropylene) is the main masterbatch.
7. What kind of connection mode does MPP power pipe adopt?
Butt welding with welding machine, the fusion point is about 200 degrees, not more than 220 degrees. When the temperature reaches, you can butt at both ends（ Because the connection of MPP pipe is hot melt welding, the welding joint is not good, which may damage the cable or flatten it, so MPP power pipe must be made of brand new material.)
8. What color is the power tube product?
MPP power tube is orange-red.
9. The wall thickness of MPP cable protection pipe is 10mm, and the cable is 80mm. What is the outer diameter and inner diameter?
Just the wall thickness, it can't calculate the inner diameter and outer diameter. MPP power pipe is used for Trenchless use. Generally, the diameter of the cable sleeve is 1.5 times of the outer diameter of the cable. The pipe you use should be 125mm(80*1.5=120mm), which is a common specification in the MPP power pipe market. The final clear answer is 125 * 10 MPP trenchless power pipe. It is called MPP pipe jacking, MPP traction pipe and MPP pulling pipe.
10. What are the construction instructions for MPP pipe?
It is strictly forbidden to throw, impact, carve and expose the pipes during transportation and construction. During hot-melt butt welding, the axes of the two pipes should be aligned, and the end face cutting should be vertical and flat. According to the climate conditions for the corresponding adjustment of processing temperature, time, pressure. The minimum bending radius of pipe shall be greater than or equal to 75 pipe’s outer diameter.
11. What is the difference between excavation pipe and trenchless pipe of MPP pipe?
The excavated pipe is the pipe directly buried in the trench on the ground. The trenchless pipe is the pipe directly from one side of the road to the other side of the road without excavation.
12. What are the differences between MPP power pipe and HDPE pipe?
In fact, it is not difficult to identify MPP pipe and non MPP pipe by understanding the properties of MPP and HDPE materials. MPP pipe has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, and the pipe is rigid, while PE pipe is thermoplastic because it can not resist high temperature. After understanding this essential difference, it is very easy to identify in the construction site without special detection equipment. The cutting machine attached to the pipe hot-melt butt joint machine can be used to cut the pipe end. Because the MPP power pipe has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, the power pipe manufacturer will not decompose when cutting, and the cutting surface is smooth and flat. However, the PE pipe can not resist high temperature, it will soften and decompose when cutting, and the cutting surface is rough. In addition, people who are familiar with the two kinds of pipes can also identify the pipes by knocking. MPP trenchless power pipe has a clear sound due to its rigidity.