Most of the PE pipes are buried under the road. When encountering the rainy season, how should PE pipe be constructed? Read this article to get the steps.
PE Pipe Construction Technology in Rainy Season
1. Investigate The Scene And Prepare
Investigate the drainage outlets at the site and surrounding areas, the stagnation time during heavy rain, the area and the impact on the current drainage system after construction, etc., Prepare various schedules and raining schemes, report to the supervising engineer for approval, and prepare for the rainy season Various preparations for construction.
2. Set Up a Flood Prevention Team
During the rainy season construction period, the project department will set up a flood prevention leadership team and a flood prevention rescue team. There are main leaders on duty 24 hours. The rescue team is ready to fight rescue operations at all times to ensure the smooth construction of the rainy season, the safety of personnel and the equipment. Each team is equipped with flood control materials such as submersible pumps and straw bags to prepare for construction in rainy periods. During the construction period, prepare enough wide-width color stripe cloth as material for crawler cover in rainy weather. Flood prevention equipment and equipment shall not be used elsewhere.
3. Ensure Smooth Drainage System
Make full use of the existing drainage ditches. The grooves cut off the original drainage ditches or drainage pipes. If there is no other proper drainage outlet, a safe and reliable aqueduct or aqueduct should be erected to ensure the current drainage system is unblocked.
4. Trench and Pipeline Engineering
(1) Before excavation of the foundation trench
Prepare flood control equipment before excavation of the foundation trench. The excavation slope is slower than the conventional one. And the slope surface is covered according to the situation.
The spoil pile is not less than 1m away from the edge of the trough. The spoil suitable for backfilling should be stacked in a concentrated manner. Properly trimmed to facilitate drainage and covered with a plastic sheet to prevent excessive moisture content caused by rain. Avoid being impacted by rain to pollute the surrounding area. . The length of the slotted paragraph is controlled according to the construction ability, so that the construction can be quickly determined.
For trenches that cannot be backfilled in time for some reason, set up a 30cm wide and 30cm deep drainage ditch on both sides of the bottom of the trench. And set up a sump. The size of the sump is not less than 1×1m and the depth is not less than 50cm. When rainfall is encountered, immediately call up the members of the rescue team to pump the water in the tank to the ground with a submersible pump in time. Drain it into the municipal drainage system and meet the environmental protection requirements.
(2) During the process of trench excavation
In the process of trench excavation, keep the current horizontal drainage pipe as much as possible. Keep the current drainage system unobstructed and complete, make full use of the current drainage system to remove the accumulated water in the working surface.
(3) After the foundation trench is dug
After the foundation trench is dug, coordinate the work in time to minimize the exposure time of the soil foundation. If the structure is not done on the same day, leave 20cm of soil at the bottom of the tank to be cleared to the bottom of the tank the next day before the structure is built. And set up drainage ditches on both sides. If there is a tank bottom that has not been dug, the bottom of the tank should be well before it rains. Pump the bottom water away in time.
(4) Interface construction is not carried out on rainy days
No joint construction is carried out on rainy days. When the construction period is tight, it is necessary to set up a rain canopy to prevent rain to ensure that the nozzles and joint materials are not exposed to rain. The end of the construction pipeline and the opening should be sealed with plastic cloth to avoid rain, cement and sand pollution.
(5) Cleaning trenches, cushions & ground construction
When cleaning trenches, cushions and ground construction, look for 2% flooding from each sump. Collect rainwater in the base trench into the temporary sump, and pump it away to ensure that there is no water collection on site.
(6) All groove retaining ridges and external drainage ditches
All trench water retaining ridges and external drainage ditches. Gradient according to the site conditions and the slope is not less than 3‰. Set up a sump at the lowest variable slope point, and timely pump the accumulated water into the current rainwater pipeline.
(7) Backfill in the rainy season
In the rainy season, in addition to meeting the normal construction requirements, strictly control the soil moisture content and mix with ash when the moisture content is too large. If the moisture content is too large, the foundation trench should be backfilled with gravel and negotiated with the owner and the supervisor.
5. Concrete, mortar and formwork engineering
(1) It is not allowed to pour the concrete in the open air in the rain.
The meteorological department should be contacted before the opening of the market to understand the weather changes and avoid rain affecting the quality of concrete construction. The concrete before the final setting should be covered in time to prevent it from being washed by rain. When the concrete cannot be poured in time after the mold is closed, drainage holes
(2) Keep construction joints in accordance with regulations and cover with rainproof materials
In the case of rain during pouring concrete and continuous construction is not possible, construction joints should be left in accordance with the regulations and covered with rainproof materials. When continuing construction after rain, the stubble parts should be treated before pouring. When pouring the concrete, be prepared to cover and drain the accumulated water at any time. Cover in time when it is light rain to prevent the surface of the concrete from being washed away by rain. When it is heavy rain, stop the operation and keep the construction joints according to the regulations.
(3) Make sure the formwork and steel bars are clean
After the rain, the silt and debris on the formwork and steel bars should be removed before concrete is poured. During the rainy season construction period, strengthen the measures to prevent wind and fasten. Large formwork and other items are parked and windproof and fixed according to relevant regulations.
(4) Strictly control the consistency of the mortar during the construction period in the rainy season.
The mortar that loses its mortar after being washed by rain should be used after re-adding ash and stirring and not exceeding 3 hours. Check the moisture content of various bricks, neither dry bricks on the wall, but also to prevent excessive water absorption. Cover the surface of the brick body in time before closing work every day to prevent sudden rain from washing away the mortar. Open-air operations are prohibited when it rains.
6. Material management
Material stacking should be reasonable. Cement and other moisture-resistant materials should be raised and covered, steel bars should be protected from rain and rust, steel bar processing should be carried out in the shed, and steel bars must be placed in a higher position whether they are placed in the material yard or on the construction site. The height of 0.3m with wooden squares is used to isolate the steel bars from the ground. The steel bars are covered with thatch cloth to prevent rain and rust.
7. Construction Safety Measures During Rainy Season
- The focus of construction safety in the rainy season is to prevent landslides, electric shocks, lightning strikes, and it is a guarantee of the progress of the project. It must be highly valued by all personnel and organize personnel to do a good job in flood prevention and drainage.
- Strengthen temporary power inspection to prevent accidents caused by leakage of electricity.
- All kinds of steel processing equipment, frog rammers, electric saws and other small machines must be placed in the canopy, not directly in the open air.
- You must wear qualified insulation products. It is strictly forbidden to wear cloth shoes and operate electromechanical equipment without insulating gloves.
- The on-site lighting should be strengthened and warning lights and reflectors should be installed in the dangerous section.
- The maintenance of temporary roads should be strengthened to ensure smooth traffic. Dangerous roadbed slopes should be reinforced in time to prevent collapse. Earthwork transportation should be strictly prevented from polluting the road surface.
- All high-altitude and hoisting operations should be stopped in heavy rain. People and vehicles should pay attention to non-slip after rain. The construction site shall remove the stagnant water in time, and dig step ladders for the sidewalks. Anti-skid measures are taken for scaffolding boards, ramp boards and spring boards to strengthen inspections of supports, scaffolding and earthwork to prevent tipping and collapse.
- The slope of the trench for construction in the rainy season should be appropriately enlarged. The easy-to-scour parts of the slope should be covered. If necessary, support should be taken to prevent the occurrence of problems that endanger the stability of the slope, such as foaming troughs and slope erosion.
- In case of heavy rainfall, the flood control team shall dispatch the water on the ground in time. Clean up and check the current drainage channels. Ensure that the drainage is unblocked. After the rain stops, the road should be free of water and mud, pedestrians and vehicles should pass normally, and hardening treatment should be carried out if necessary.
- The roadside construction fence in the rainy season should be cleaned in time according to the situation to keep it clean and beautiful.
- Strengthen the on-duty system. When rain is forecasted, the main leaders of the construction unit shall stick to the construction site and shall not leave their posts. Once a dangerous situation occurs, it shall be dealt with in a timely manner and the situation shall be reported to the relevant department.
- Ensure that the flood prevention facilities are intact and rescue personnel can be in place in time. Flood control materials are listed for special use and may not be used at will.
(1) Construction site layout
The project department is located on the construction site, and an office is set up on the construction site to facilitate contact with Party A and the supervision engineer.
(2) Layout of temporary power lines
Drive wooden poles with a slight diameter of not less than 15cm. The erection is firm. The spacing between the wooden poles is about 30m, which basically guarantees one-to-one correspondence with the dewatering wells. Cross-arms and porcelain bottles are used to drive the wires.
It should meet the requirements of "one machine, one gate, one protection".